cyst like bumps on rear end...... adult content

so i have been getting these cyst like bumps on my butt..yea i know gross but its been happening for about a year now i went to the doctors and they said it might be Folliculitis but they didn't take cultures or anything so how would they know right ... i have been doing research and cant seem to figure it out has anyone else had this? they come and stay hurting so bad that i cant sit they only get in the crack of my butt no where else the last one i had was so bad i couldn't even walk and if i sit on it it fells like a needle going through my butt when they go away they leave scars they dont drain or anything they just come then go ....and the suggestion to clean my butt would not be necessary i have obsessive compulsive disorder and i keep myself very clean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• I'm unsure but here's a bump... Sorry hope you get it all figured out! :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sometimes I get cyst like pimples on my rear end. I just drain them with a sterile needle and not worry about them. They don't happen very often. Have you considered going to a dermatologist? They would know more about different skin conditions and would be able to better advise you.
    You could also try exfoliation to help get rid of dead skin cells that might be plugging your pores and creating these "cysts"..but be careful..if you have OCD you don't want to exfoliate till you are raw, be gentle!
    Anonymous

• It's called hidendritis. It happens when the apocrine glands become clogged. There isnt much in the way of treatment. Some people have said that witch hazel astringent helps them. What works for me is wearing breathable clothes, taking long, hot baths, using dial soap and triple antibiotic ointment on the area, and hanging out in just a robe for a while every day. Oh, and NEVER, EVER shave with a razor. It sucks, but you have to use a beard trimmer unless you want to irritate the condition.
    If it gets bad, I had a huge reduction in the number of boils when I was on tetracyline (it's an antibiotic that is often given for severe acne) but you really can't be on that long term.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa
    sorry, I spelled it wrong.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my doctor put me on tetracyline i just started takeing it ill know in a few days if it works or not :/ it is soo very painfull the doctor told me it could be from washing with scented body wash i have a fear of smelling bad for some reason but im not sure i just wish it would go away im 21 and instead of being beautiful with a beautiful body i live with golf balls on my butt with scars from the old ones.....one more question should i try to pop them?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It really doesn't matter if you do not. Releasing the pressure will ease some of the pain, but they will still leave a mark, regardless of if you pop them or not. When you 'pop' them, however, you run some risks. One - you can push the material further into the gland, rather than out. This will lead to much much more pain. You also open yourself up to infection. I mean, having an open sore on your butt isn't exactly safe.
    I wouldn't pop them. I would go to wal mart and buy a pack of sterile hypodermic needles. (Walmart has a clean needle policy, they will sell them to you as long as state law doesn't require a prescription) and use those to remove the pus.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011