Have you had an "oops" pregnancy?

I want to "hear" your story. What BC did you use or, oops, none? I am a little worried here. I know we hit the right (wrong) timing even if we used birth control. We conceive very easily. What is your story?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 1:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I got pregnant using Seasonale (BCP), but I miscarried at 5 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• First one was proof that the diaphragm is not the most effective means of birth control.

I was breastfeeding my daughter when I got pregnant with my son. My periods were not normal and my boobs always hurt from the breastfeeding so I did not suspect anything until I bought a test on a whim.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• dd #2 was with the depo injections instead of decreasing eggs they made me have like 10x more....opps......
    with ds 5yrs after dd#2 i was on the pill and went in to be "fix" so we would have any more and the doc was like hmm cant do that for 7more months because suprise your having a baby ......needless to say i was not happy with any kind of b/c
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i had just gotten off the pill, cuz it was making me gain weight. i was the stupid one that thought it took like a month to get out of your system. a week later is when i concieved ds. with dd, i wasn't on anything.

My kids were planned. a boy first then a girl. they just came earlier than planned. alot earlier :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Worst timing in my life! My marriage couldn't have been going downhill faster. We had an Oopsy Daisy baking in the oven. No protection. But turned out to be the biggest blessing in my life, my third baby, my first baby girl. Every day I see her as a gift, and I feel lucky that somehow, someway she came into my life and turned the negatives around for me.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• After 14 years of not using any BC, I found out, at the age of 41, that I was pregnant with baby #3. Our daughter & son were 21 & 14 at the time. 12 months later, we had baby #4. She was planned.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The FIRST TIME my husband (BF at the time) and I had sex we conceived twins... lost them at 15 weeks. :( This made us so much stronger and have had two healthy children since!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My last one was an oops one, my daughters were 9 and 10 and I wasn't ready to start all over, but got my son and he has been a blessing! I took an IUD out and two weeks later the oops happened.

Answer by older at 1:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• well the first time i got pregnant i was using the pill but i wont lie i know that i missed some days, the second time we got pregnant i was using the patch which i used as it told me too but i still had a baby, then i was put on the ring, and less than like 2 months later i was pregnant, but of course the tell you that you sould still use protection at first cause you need to let it build up and we didnt do that, this last time which is number 4 pregnancy we didnt use anything but some over the counter stuff from walmart.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• All 3 of mine were one way or another oopies. But #4 will be planned.
    Anonymous