I had my baby.....in water!!!

Hi Ladies,

I just got home from the hospital today. I went into labor saturday night right as I was climbing into bed. We times contractions until about 2am and since they were 4-5 minutes apart we headed for the hospital. We got there and I was only 3.5cm so they would admit us, but after a few more contractions I told her she needed to admit us so I could either get in lne for an epidural or get into the birthing tub because my contractions were SO bad....my body had even started to kind of push (bear down) on it's own. She finally admitted us and started to get the tub ready (we have been planning a water birth) and I got in at 3:50. Right after I got in my contractions were almost unbearable. I wanted an epidural SO bad, but the nurse said my midwife was on her way, so I waited and when she got there at about 4:45ish and checked me I was a 10!!! So I started to push and she was born at 5:20am :)

JenLavazza

Asked by JenLavazza at 10:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww congrats, sound awesome, I wanted a water birth with my son, even dreamed of having him in my home tub nearly every night but all the hospitals that provided it and were covered by insurance were too far! If I ever get to have a 2nd child< I hope its a water birth! Good job Momma!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Wow, that's great! What was it like to have a water birth? It wasn't available at our hospital with the birth of my son, but they recently added a birthing tub... I'm kinda thinking of trying it when #2 comes along.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm not good with pain so I thought it was HORRIBLE! It was VERY painful, but I had her really fast and the water prevented me from tearing. I had an epidural with daughter #1 and even though the labor and birth were pain free I tore and recovery was WAY worse. I don't even feel like I've had a baby. I may try it again with #3 because it's so much calmer and better for the baby...but I don't look forward to it. LOL Don't believe those water birth videos you see with the calm women who don't look like they are even in pain!
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 11:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• CONGRATULATIONS AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY LIFE WITH YOUR FAMILY AND BABY.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Congrats! After a somewhat bad experience at the hospital with my first, I am seriously considering going natural for my second. Glad to see it went so well!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sounds like a perfect birth congrats!! And kudos for no epi, it is really better (afterwards anyway) you should be proud of yourself.
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 10:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2008