Psychic children TV show should be taken off air....

Agree or disagree.

I had hoped maybe the people at the top of a network would have a bit of sense - not much, but a bit - and not completely use kids to make a fridgen dollar. These are children who believe - mostly because of their parents, who came across as clueless and helpless in the face of their child's "gift" - that they can talk to ghosts and in one instance, heal people.

“When your child comes to you and says, “I see dead people.” What do you do with that information?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• “When your child comes to you and says, “I see dead people.” What do you do with that information? [op]

Tell him to tell them I am not feeding them! They have to go out to eat!!! LOL!!

Actually I would ask if it scared him and then welcome him to the club. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have never heard of this show since we don't have cable but If my child said that to me I would laugh it off and tell them they were being silly.

Not everyone is going to like my answer and that's fine but I assure you that is how it would go. Sorry.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I've never watched the show, because it would freak me out. My dd is only 4, so she hasn't used the words "I see dead people" but she does say that she see's Granddad. He passed when she was 2. I go along with it, and I admit, I do ask her "what is he wearing etc.." just to see if it's really him. It's interesting, and harmless. All he does is throw ticklish jelly beans at her. I think it's wonderful that she still remembers him. I will not tell her anything to the effect of "no, you can't see him" because I don't know if she really can, or not.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• never heard of the show but it doesn't surprise me a bit that they created it. these days they create everything. my kids are 2 and 3, i don't know what i'd do if they said that. my son is super scared of ghosts, no thanks to my dh's little brat of a brother who introduced them to him and freaked him out. the 'G' word isn't mentioned in this house, except for the Holy Ghost. when we pass the Hooters sign at night on the way home, the eyes are glowing, he FREAKS, thinking it's a ghost. omg i just want to slap his brother across the face sometimes...if he was an adult i probly would have already. but he's 10. gggrrr
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• ive never seen the show .. if my child said this to me i wouldnt be scared or avoid it, ive seen some too, we have a few here at our house so i assume they would see them
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• This is a show where there are children with real issues that need medical treatment not some guy who claims to be a world renowned psychic, to say it's okay you really are psychic and this is how you deal with it. Don't be scared at night anymore this is what you do. blah blah.

Those kids could be schizophrenic and have a multitude of other disorders that are in a way being extorted for money from a tv show for ratings. So it's pretty sickening.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• or they really could be psychic? Children are more intuitive then adults, you never know
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't automatically disbelieve my children but I would never exploit it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The show I have seen actually helps kids deal with the gifts they have, I don't see anything wrong with it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Long story short, my nephew has what we thought to be an imaginary friend for the last year and a half almost. It was only recently my mum asked him what his friends last name he was and if he knew how old he was. Low and behold the man had lived down the road from where my nephew lives long before my nephew was even alive. The man isnt' a relative either. We have come to the conclusion he is a spirit, ghost, what have you, and most likely a guardian, be it a guardian angel or a guardian guide for my nephew. No doubt in my mind some people esp children are more in tune than adults.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011