my baby gets constant hicups. is that bad?

almost after every feeding he gets the hicups. they usually last for almost 30 mins. is it bad to have constant hicups? he is 1 week old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope! Totally normal. This eating thing is new to him! Its just a reflex. Hes fine.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It's normal. If it doesn't seem to bother him, don't worry about it. If he hates them like my daughter did, try gripe water. You can find it at most drug stores.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Awe.. My lil girl use to get hiccups alot too when she was younger. She even got hiccups before she was born. I could feel my stomach jerk to rhythm..lol
    She is 5 months old now and still gets them occassionally. My Dr. told me it was fine and said that she couldn't even feel it.

Could he be drinking too fast? if your bottle feeding, is the nipple stage 1? also be sure to burp frequently while feeding, might help! Good luck :)
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Mine still gets them @ 3 months although they're not nearly as frequent as they were when he was first born. He had them all the time in utero and his ped. told me that's why he gets them all the time now. It's fine it won't hurt him at all, but it may start to annoy him. I never did find anything that got rid of them though, sorry :-(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008