Still bleeding? adult content

I am 30 weeks, last night I had to go to the hospital. I was cramping all day and having quiet a bit of pain in my back. Everything checked out ok. She had to check and see if I was dilated. (Which I wasn't) Well after she did, ever since then I have been bleeding, is this normal?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes after you're "checked" you bleed. Completely normal. Same if you have had sex recently. :) Congrats on the pregnancy.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Spotting or heavy bleeding? Spotting can be normal after having your cervix checked, but heavy bleeding warrants a trip to the ER.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Its about like my last day on a period. It isnt heavy, but a little more then spotting. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure... this is my first so any little thing gets me all worried. :( I am a nervous wreck some days!
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• if you are getting spots bigger than a quarter and that are dark red you need to call you ob just to be sure. Bleeding after sex or an exam can be normal but only in small amounts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I was just 'checked' last week due to a UTI and I had some slight bleeding a couple days afterwards. Freaked out of course. Called doctor she said it was normal and that if the bleeding became any heavier than it was, or if it didn't stop in a day or two, call her cell right away and she'd have me come in.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• did you have mucus with it as well or just the bleeding? what color is it? but usually after you are checked you do have some bleeding if you wake up tomorrow and you are still bleeding and it has not lightened up at all i would call your doctor but if its lighter then you shold be okay and if it hits monday and you are still bleeding defenetly call your doctor, or go to the hospital. but as most posts have said its not uncommon to have some bleeding after you get a check. getting checked can loosen some of the blood and mucus up there and cause you to have this problem
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah some mucus, at first it was bright red with tissue in it, now its darker brownish.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011