How do I make the drafty door stopper

I would like to make those things that go in front of a door or under a door to stop the cold air. What type of fabric do I use to make it and what do I fill it with? Thanks so much.

Melissabear3

Asked by Melissabear3 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• use some weather proof fabric and stuff it with sponge material they sell in a square block but you can cut it down and you will need a apholstery need(they are curved)

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• buy some foam tubing from walmart or joanne fabrics and cut it to fit. if you get some thicker materials like courduroy or velvet, that should work or even flannel. fold the material in half and sew two lines down the material to fit the foam tubing, leaving the center flat and just wide enough to fit the bottom of your door.
    your talking about those draft stoppers on tv for about twenty bucks right?
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 12:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• How to Make a Door Draft Stopper | eHow.com

How to Make a Door Draft Stopper. When the temperature drops and the cold winds of winter blow, a draft door stopper is a great way to keep those winds at ...
    www.ehow.com/how_2077298_make-door-draft-stopper.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Sewing Draft Stopper Snakes

On line directions for making your own draft stoppers to keep the winter cold out. ... You will need to adjust your measurements for other door sizes. ...
    sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa011099.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Draft Stopper

If you'd like to make your draft stopper washable, simply make an inner ... A door snake could also be used on a drafty windowsill, just make sized to suit ...
    www.planetshoup.com/easy/sew/draftstp.shtml
    vbruno

• For right now I just take a towel that I do not use (it's not ugly), roll it up and put it on the floor to help keep the draft out. Works better than nothing, and I already have towels. This year since we do not use the fireplace, I'm thinking of putting plastic up around the edges like you would a window to help if there are any drafts there also. Need to save energy, as the costs keep going up.
    darlyn63

Answer by darlyn63 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2008