How do you feel

on the props that passed? Only a couple were worth passing. We are already in the hole. Now all those props that passed are going to make thing worse and our grandkids are going to have to pay for them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i think that it shows that we are positive with our outlook on the economy. I am assuming you're talking about CA props?
    trekcass

Answer by trekcass at 11:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think it is a good sign that the props passed.
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about the $15 billion in bonds for California? I really "liked" the high speed train one. Talk about a huge waste of money! Reading the stupid thing was very entertaining. Did you know that if they don't finish the line between LA and SanFran, we MUST cough up more money to pay for it? Lovely.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• that sucks. in arizona people passed the light rail and now they said that they might not be able to keep it running. thats great. we spent all this money to have it sitting in it's garage. it just started this yr and it's now stopped. that was smart but in arizona we have an excuse our brains are burnt. i'm glad that the prop 102 passed. it won't pass later either with the land side it won by.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I cant believe the rail system passed but the alternative fuel bonds did NOT pass. Talk about backwards!
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Which props are you refering to?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm basically opposed to legislation by initiative anyway. It leads to bad laws.

The bond issues concern me because we're in deep enough already.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You could live in WA!!! "WE" voted in Prop 1000. It gives a person who has been told that he/she has 6 months or less the right to ask the doctor for a prescription to diw. The spouse/caregiver/SO does not have to be notified or approve!!!

BTW. I voted against it.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• gdiamante, I completely agree. Ballot initiatives are confusing for voters, paid for by special interest groups and generally just a waste of time for everyone. For example, the alternative fuel bonds measure was really not very helpful in moving towards alternative fuels. There were a lot of concerning issues tacked on to that prop that were unnecessary and poorly planned. On the other hand, I actually thought the high-speed train was a good idea. It may really cut back on the building and maintaining of freeways, additions to airports to support commuter growth, and might cut down the need for more flights to and from SF to LA which is a huge part of a fuel usage. But, my opinion aside (which is exactly why we don't need all these props), they are a really bad idea and should be cut back considerably. That's why we elect representatives.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• And I've just got to say, I would have totally agreed with that prop 1000! It's probably a bit more complicated than that brief post about it, but it sounds completely reasonable to me. Again, a ballot measure is an awful way to pass a law such as that, but I'm all for people's rights to their own lives and bodies... I just hope they get a second opinion from another doctor first.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2008