Would take your husband?

I acquired tickets to the fiesta bowl and have been planning to take my DH for the past 2 weeks. But now I don't want to take him, I'd rather take my oldest DD, & this is why.

Last night he wanted to go out for new years, without me since we didn't have a sitter. I wanted him to stay home and ring in the new year with his wife and children. He kept "begging" and "whining" and saying if he staid home he'd just go to bed because he was tired, and he'd be home before I woke up...these were his reasons why he SHOULD go! Well he didn't go. He sat in our bedroom for over 7 hrs and pouted! He came out of the room twice...once to get food(because he didn't eat dinner when I made it 5 hrs earlier...part of his pouting) and then to shower. He did not come out once to play with the kids, or eat cookies with us, or talk about 2010 & what we hope for in 2011, or toast the new year at midnight. After midnight I made the kids go to bed, and he went in their room & talked to them for like 5 minutes. 5 minutes!! Out of 7 hrs that he was home and we were playing games & watching movies in the living room.

Now, not only do I not want to go the game with him because of his apparent distaste for spending time with me, if he's going to act like a child, then I'll treat him like a child. My kids don't get to go do fun things if they throw a fit & pout, why should this grown man? My DD would be much better company. I realize I could be the bigger person here, but I think that's overrated. Should I be the bigger person, or take my DD and actually have a good time?

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 2:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• take your DD. i agree if your DH wants to act like a child then treat him like a child!!
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would sell the tickets and not even go, but I don't like football.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think your right in the sense that if he's acting like a child you should treat him like a child!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sell the ticket or rip them up.

Answer by louise2 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• leave hubby at home and take your son if want's to act like child
    then treat him like a child and ground him
    have good time with son have fun you both need due to the baby you have at home
    that call him self man wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If you already told him about the tickets and he's expecting to go I wouldn't take them away from him. Maybe he wants that "we " time just with you. No offense but I wouldn't find it fun to sit and eat cookies and talk about 2010 either. It's nothing personal, he just wasn't in to what you planned. I think he did the right thing by separating himself from the family and not ruining their night.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Me personally

I would still take my husband. I do not play tit for tat in my marriage. It accomplishes nothing and is pretty counter productive in regards to dealing with feelings/problems/issues.

I feel you should do whatever would make you happiest and would be the most enjoyable time for you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• admckenize...we did a lot more than sit around and eat cookies(which he helped himself to by the way). We played games(just not drinking games) and we watched movies(which he watched movies all night too, just not with us). He just wasn't "in" to spending time with his family. He never is. If he really wanted to separate himself why didn't he just go to the party like he wanted to instead of sitting in the other room acting like we didn't exist?? I don't see it at playing tit for tat. He doesn't want to go to the game with ME. He'd be thrilled if I gave him the tickets and told him to take his brother or someone. He was actually disappointed when he found out they were for me AND him to go TOGETHER! WHY would I WANT to still go with him? It's easy to say he just didn't like what we were doing....well how would he know since he didn't even know what we were doing? he just doesn't think he needs to spend time with us.
    rosesNclovers

Comment by rosesNclovers (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The day after Christmas he left the house at 9:30 in the morning, said he'd back "in a little while", and he didn't come home till midnight. And he had told our son that morning that he would take him somewhere that afternoon. This is not an isolated incident, and it's really starting to piss me off!
    rosesNclovers

Comment by rosesNclovers (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• So it is not about the tickets? It is about his actions period. He sounds selfish to me, and immature.  Piss him off and rip them up.

Answer by louise2 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011