You can buy a casket at Walmart and Costco??!?

We saw this on HLN this morning. I can't believe that! Walmart! What's next?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep, go look up at Wal-Mart.com
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Weird. I personally wish to be creamated..if that is spelled right. I think spending all that money on a casket, land, etc is crazy. My grandparents, parents, most of my family want to be creamated. Then have a memorial stone for loved ones to visit.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Why not, I would be happy with a cardboard box if the health department would allow it. I think spending thousands of dollars on a death ceremony is crazy! I would never want my husband to spend that on my funeral if I went first. Put me in the ground the cheapest way you can, it's not like I'm going to be using that fancy box, the hundreds of dying flowers or the well meaning plants sent in my memory.  Instead, I would want people to donate to a charity in my memory and keep the flowers for the living.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• LOL, you need a membership for the Costco one...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I didn't believe it until I looked it up. Wow. It reminds me of the movie Employee of the Month where that woman bought a casket and it was wheeled out to her car. I hope I never have to see that. So far the website says not available in stores. I hope that continues.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011