If you filed for a legal seperation (in CA)

What did that intitle you too? Are you still able to stay on your family plan insurance? How long did it take to go through? Did you have to get a laywer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, it keeps you on insurance plans until the divorce is final but keeps your $$ seperated. It also should give the basic framework for child support and visitation etc... At leaset this was the way it was 3 years ago when Hubs and I legally seperated for about 6 months.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks! We aren't living together as is. He's not helping with bills and is barely visiting the children. I figured that it would be best if we made it legal. That way child visitation and money would be set out. He would visit them and I could pay bills until I find another job.
    Was there any paper work where you filed that had a fee waiver to get it free or low cost? I can't pay for one at all and I have no help to pay for one either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes, a fee waiver and there is usually some kind of legal aid or program that can help you fill out the papers. It is time consuming and then you need to get it served to him.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011