quick n easy soup recipe got one?

i thought it would be a good night for soup as its super cold here where i live and my husbands got to work tonight so i want to make something simple and quick that he can eat befor he has to leave. Does anyone have a good soup recipe thats easy and wont take hours to cook?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make a lot of homemade soups... my family loves it :)

I think the quickest one I make is taco soup and it's delish!

1 lb browned hamburger meat - season with a packet of taco seasoning - I always add onions and garlic to this when it's cooking but it's just a personal preference.

After you brown your hamburger, put in a pot with a can of corn (not drained), a larger can of Ranch Style Beans (again, not drained), a can of stewed or diced tomatoes (optional and I like the fire roasted ones in here best but I don't buy them special - I use them if I have them) and a packet of dry Ranch dressing mix. Just stir and it'll be done in a few minutes. Garnish with cheese. If you have a large family, double it. :)

My family also loves this when I make fresh tortillia chips - I usually lightly fry strips or wedges of flour tortillias and lightly salt.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• what ever comes out of the can, I have t ask Cambles what their recipe is
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I do veggy soup. You need a big pot, 4 cans of veggies, 1 lb of hamburger and I usually put in a can of tomato soup. Boil it altogether until the hamburger is done. And you have veggy soup.

Answer by gemgem at 3:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Oh forgot I also put in about 1/2 cup rice

• Ham and Bean.
    Cube up some ham. Get a couple cans of chicken broth. Add a can of navy beans. Add green beans, canned or frozen. Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook either stove top or in oven a couple hours. MMMMM
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• cream of broccoli or coulafower< sp>

2 bags froven veg ... steamed and pureed, salt pepper and other spices you like, enough half and half or whle milk to make it creamy and just let it simmer for about 30 mins... i also add chicken stock for flavor and cheese!!!!!!!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 4:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I also do a lot of quick potato soups... and I ususally don't so much follow a recipe - but here's a general idea...

I dice onions and carrots and celery if I have that - I also throw in garlic... saute those till the onions are just translucent but not browned... add chicken broth and diced potatoes. I usually add some bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. If I have fresh parsley, that's even better :) Throw it all in - cook till the potatoes are done. If you want a creamier soup, add milk or heavy cream - mix a little flour with a bit of the milk before adding all of it and stir then whisk in to keep it smooth - then slowly add the rest of your milk - it'll thicken it up and make your soup more creamy. I also sometimes toss in cheese and crumbled bacon at the end to finish and then garnish with cheese.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I like my mother in law's homemade veggy soup. She makes big pots of it at a time. She uses whatever veggies she has on hand --usually cabbage, carrots, potatoes and broccoli, but other veggies get thrown in if she has them, and fills the pot with water or vegetable stock. If she happens to have some leftover hamburger meat , roast, or chicken, she will put that in too. She just lets it simmer all day. Paired with good homemade bread or cornbread, delicious! Couldn't be easier.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011