the terrible 2s or new found sibling rivalry?

when my son was approaching his second birthday my husband and i talked about having another child. while entering the "terrible twos" we started having issues conceiving another child and even lost one. none of this he understood as far as i know. as of last month my son is 2 1/2 and i am quickly approaching my 19th week of pregnancy. we are trying to get him involved in the new baby and will even learn the sex of the new baby tomorrow.
but he seems to not have any interest in any of it at all, and when asked if he would like a brother he told us no, and when asked if he wanted a sister he said no.
he now seems to be acting out as far as i can tell and one of the most upsetting ways of acting out is that he gets in to my make up. i dont have a lot and i dont use it alot as it is expensive kuse its all cruelty free. today my eye shadow and eye liner was all over the bath room with him and his lovable little white, black, and now blue kitten sitting in the middle. he gets in to anything on the counters, on mine or my husband night stand, hides candy, pins, its so bad that i spend my day cleaning one room going to the next then back to re-clean the first. i'm tired, hes tired, and i dont like yelling or sending him to his room all the time, or making him spend so much time in time out.
SOME ONE please is this a normal terrible twos or is this him acting out over the new baby?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 2:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think its a bet of both. Sounds like what I went through when my daughter was 20 months and her baby brother was born.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011