Have you gotten pregnant after having your tubes tied/burnt/or clamped?

Which procedure did you have done and at what age? How old where you when you became pregnant after thinking you were done having babies? How did you handle it? and how did you SO handle it? What about your other children...how old where they and how did they handle it? How was it starting all over again? Was it easier or harder over all? Anything else you can share?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I was very young with two beautiful healthy children and a dangerous imprisoned husband. At 21 I had my tubes tied and moved on with my life. I put myself through college and raised my babies the best I could. Then I met my true love. We married and had the risky tubal reversal. They gave me a very dismal chance ever of becoming pregnant. I started out using clomid single, double, triple and a multitude of infertility medications. After 7 years we gave up and moved from New York to Colorado. No insurance, then 2 teens, new jobs and Walla Our son!!! He was born healthy at 9.5 what a miracle. He is 17 now and I am happy to share my story to you. Thanks, Michelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I haven't had mine done but my mom had her cut and burned with most of the fibria removed at 26 (1994). She then looked at getting them reversed but couldn't really afford the procedure at that the time because the doctor she went to wanted 10,000 cash (this was years ago...it's much cheaper now).

Then 2 years ago she got pregnant with twins. The pregnancy was goign great until 26 weeks and she suddenly went into labor. She lost the babies.

She got pregnant a year later and miscarried at 12 weeks. Doctors don't believe the miscarriages were related to the previous tubal but they also don't have an explanation for them.

They said the reason she is now able to get pregnant is because one tube has basically grown in a way that led to an opening where the egg can get out at ovulation.
    Anonymous

• I haven't, but one of my friends had her tubes tied and somehow is pregnant right now.
    wolverinemama

Answer by wolverinemama at 4:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011