Stopping BC and just using condoms

My husband wants me to stop the pill, he fears later I may get cancer from it. He thinks we should just use condoms. We aren't afraid of having another baby, we want another in a few years. Otherwise I would have my tubes tied after our last baby. But I am on the fence. Anyone ever have this discussion with their husband, or what's your opinions and thoughts?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• The pill does have some side effects and longtime problems could arise. It's actually scary to read the warning label that comes with the pills in the first place.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i never heard about bc causing cancer? really?

I am no longer on bc. and to be honest it was the best decision for us. my libido was GONE! I only had sex because I felt bad always rejecting it most of the time. Once we got into it it felt great but the getting horny part was gone. I accidentally missed the appt to get more bc and never had the chance to reschedule. Since being off it my libido is back in full swing. I get that healthy horney feeling and it has brought us closer!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it should be a mutual decision. If you want to stop BC go for it but if you rather stay on it. talk to him about another form. Maybe the paraguard IUD
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We used condoms exclusively for 13 years and only got pregnant when we wanted to. I think they are a good choice for couples that know there is a risk to getting pregnant and can deal happily with another baby.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I know there are affects. I hate putting things in my body that I don't need. So I am seriously considering it.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011