Me and my Ex-Fiance co-own a business...what do you think about this situation?

We co-own a business.. He does the profession I do everything else, HR,Payroll, Buying, Book Keeping, Taxes, marketing etc. So all in all we spend the same amount of time, he's just doing the service, I do behind the scenes.

Problem is I do not get along with him at all. We have a toddler together but is just sucks knowing when I have to see him outside of drop offs for visits and stuff. Having to promote him and still be all smiley. I don't get along with him because thats how we are able to function.  I know he still wants to be with me and I him, so to be nice would make us revert back.

We don't do anything thru the court. We simply had a visitation deal notarized by a friend, to show we both were in agreement and the way we do child support is, anything my son needs gets split. So diapers, wipes soap get bought for each household but healthcare, clothes, extra stuff gets split. We work together so he is unable to jip me because I'll seriously just take my share and give myself an extra bonus. LOL

anyway...we broke up because we weren't ready to get married, I felt too young and I just needed time. In return, he was ready, it pushed him away. I didn't want to break up but we weren't able to function well as a couple.

I am finishing getting my Masters Degree, so being able to co-own this business allows me to stay at home with our son as much as possible, and I would say we have equal amount of time. Sometimes it gets weird because we will be playing aroound with our tot on the floor and then we'll cuddle up and just all of us be snuggling and all the old feelings rushing back.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think, and this may just be me, but he should just back off of the getting married thing. If he hadn't pushed it, as it sounds like he did, and he just let things go as they were, then things most likely would have ended up the way he wanted for them to. Instead, feelings got hurt, and the relationship suffered and ended. It sounds like nothing was resolved, and in all honesty, it really doesn't sound 'over' to me. I think if you both worked at it, and compromised, got counseling, either you could end up back together, or apart but with a healthy sort of relationship. You both still have those lovey feelings for each other, those haven't gone away. Even with animosity. There are just very hurt feelings.
    Really, the roles are reversed. Normally the woman wants marriage, man doesn't. I'd say get couples counseling. It will work out for the best either way.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I tsounds to me like you and him should try and work this out. You still have feelings for hima as well as for him. You guys sound like you really want to be together and splitting up just because you wanted to hold of on the wedding plans. That is what you guys really need to sit down and talk about. If you don't your going to lose each other:(
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Maybe try some counseling, not couples but some form of it. You two need to learn to get a long not just for the sake of your son but also your business. If that wont work either have him buy you out or you buy him out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• He'd have to buy me out because with out him the business isn't possible, but he could always get another HR person and a Book Keeper.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011