I had my DD at twenty...

Yeah... I read that post about young Moms. I graduated high school at 17, I was assistant manager at my job at age 19. I owned a car outright and had my job since I was 16. I also kicked my DD's gather out of my apartment and moved back in with my parents who watched my DD as I worked.
Well... I was not totally independent. But by the time my DD was three I had my own apartment again and she was in headstart.
She is a straight A student, paints, draws and has plans on becoming a cartoonist or mortician. Mortician... I have no idea where that one is from, but she has goals and I think society needs to let parents be parents.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 3:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• i also graduated when i was 17! Im now 19 and pregnant with my first. I have a job and on the 10th of this month i will offically be certified in Phlebotomy and EKG so I can get another better job. My finace works in the mines so he makes most of they money. We have our own house and own cars. My fiance and I are very indipendent and even though we are young we will make very good parents!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• AGREE
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I completely agree! The post you are refering to really upset me. I had my girls young also. 21 and 23 and yes we have had many stuggles, but my girls are well taken care of and have everything they need :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Post like that pop up every now and again, and I just have to shake my head. What's the magic number, anyway? When do people go from being stupid, irresponsible idiots to responsible parents? What about those of us who were never stupid and irresponsible? I graduated and started college at 17, too. I got married at 18 and we had our first at 23, and there were lots of people who looked down on that. Why? I really don't get it. If you and your family are thriving, who cares what some moron thinks? You really have to wonder what her life is like, for her to be so hostile and pathetic.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Good for you!!!! I am sure your dd will make a darling little mortician if that is what she wants to be:)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• So I guess my point is not all young Moms are stupid. My DD's education is very important to me and to her. I am now married to her step father, who has known us since she was five.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• That is awesome.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Hello,
    Anon how are you today. It must be hard to not be able to take credit for you superior thoughts.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I am not sure what I have supposedly 'missed out on". Can someone tell me what I missed out on, and why it's sad? {shrug}
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I dunno. I got pregnant right after getting married and I can't lie. I *at times* feel like I may have jumped the gun. Of course my son is special needs so it was WAY harder than I expected! But yeah it sucked to be invited to stuff and have to say no I can't go. I agre that there isn't a perfect time to have kids. there never is. Who's to say I wouldn't still have *those moments* even if I had waited 10 years! You have to take what you are offered in life and make the best of it! It sounds like the OP did and I honestly don't think 20 is 'too young' by any means.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011