Have you seen any of the new movies?

Which new movies do you like? I want to start a movie night and want do get some movies. thanks mom's for your help.

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• We saw "The King's Speech". It was wonderful. Very funny, but not in a comedic way. I highly recommend this one. My curiosity has been stirred - now I want to see the movie about King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson ( Anthony Andrews & Jane Seymour). :-)

My DH and DS saw "True Grit" and loved it. They compared the dialog to that in the HBO series 'Deadwood'. It is NOT a remake of the John Wayne movie! They are two separate movies, based on the same book. In each case, the screenwriters/producers took some liberties with the story, giving it their own spin. This new version sticks much closer to the book, and is very well done. My DH saw both movies, and liked them both, but this one best.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I just wait till movies hit rebox. I just say Easy A and that was pretty good
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i watch movies using Netflix..so nothing really new.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Redbox is your best bet but recent movies I've seen that were good were Mall Cops it was funny and good for the whole family. Ramona and Beezus. I would like to see meet the Faulkers
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I just saw True Grit. It was really good. A great one to rent is The Other Guys if you like funny movies.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We saw the newest Harry Potter film, "Deathly Hallows pt 1". As expected, it was the darkest of the series yet - not really suitable for young children. My DD, who read all the books as they were published, loved this one.

We also saw "Black Swan". My DH and DS enjoyed this film, but it was too dark and suspenseful for my taste. I don't like films that put you so deeply into the head of an unstable character.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011