Im a teeN MOM..but i pay rent bills car payment insurance buy all mys sons needs?? Should i be treated any different than any other mother??

I love my son im 16 and hes one...but im not going to let him think that he ever ruined my life cuz he didnt he inspires me...no other teen feels what i do..unless ur a proud mom...we all feel the same love

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No!!! Why??
    I commend you for doing all of that. I am 19 and am a mother of 3 i had my first at 17 I dont work but My SO does and I dont live with my Parents we live on our own and I take care of my kids all day every day. People think just because we are young that we dont know what we are doing. It makes me so mad.
    Anonymous

• Absolutley not. You are a mom, and IMO, overcoming all of the trials that teen moms face, you are a very strong woman to have created such a wonderful life for your son.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No you shouldn't be treated any differently. You love your son and take care of him and yourself.

It will be harder for you because you're so young, but don't let other people make you feel bad.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with you. And, you sound like you have it together! Good for you. You are an inspiration to others! Good luck to you and your son. :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 11:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Your a ho...lol. Kidding!!

Congrats on realizing whats best for your family...and doing whatever you can to do it. I cant say i know to much young mothers who take initiative. :)
    MyLittleBlossom

Answer by MyLittleBlossom at 11:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You are a mommy no matter what age you are. Four of my sisters had children at the ages of 15 to 17 and all of them are adults now and have always been great mommies.

In fact, you have it harder than adult mommies because you are not of any legal age and you have so much going against you. Yet, you are strong and you don't let your age and society get the best of you. You just keep going and try to be the best mommy you can be.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• no!! ur better then i am. i love my daughter. im 17 shes 5 months. my dad supports us.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 11:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• if you love your child more than you love yourself, then you are no less than any mother among us. age doesn't make or break you, it only challenges, as does every aspect of parenting. love your child with your whole heart. you need not impress anyone but him.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You sound like a great mom...my SIL has 4 kids (started at 15) and she is not very responsible...Her b/f is a jerk, she lives with her mom, doesn't work, also she doesn't buckle her kids in the carseats...One time as I was buckling my 3 year old in I asked if she needs me to put her 3 year old and buckle her in but she said she can buckle her self, well the whole way to our destination she was yelling at her 3 year old to sit down because she wasn't buckled...she tried to put her 6 month old in a regular seat buckled with her 4 year old because there was no room for his carseat...but my DH wouldn't let her..he said he would bring the car back for her after dropping everyone off. Anyways, as long as you realize how important your kids are and you take responsibility, then you shouldn't be treated any different, and you sound like a great mom.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 12:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It sounds like you're doing a great job with your son. Keep on disproving stupid stereotypes that age has a lot to do with being a capable mom.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2008