Want to return a MP3 player...doesn't work....please read!

My DS got a MP3 player for Christmas and it doesn't work. Want to take it where it came from and get another one but don't have a receipt & have no idea what store it came from. I've tried to look it up online but can't find that exact one. What should I do? I thought about taking it to Meijer or Wal-Mart to see if they have it. There is no way to get the receipt b/c it was an anon donation.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 3:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• You could try, but it gets really bad reviews. They also aren't very good about returns. I would recommend calling them first.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• google the brand and see if you can find what store it game from. Usually when you google a certain item the store pop up where you can find it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• check with the manufacturer... there must be some sort of warranty.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would:
    Go through the packaging, find the warranty and contact the manufacturer and go from there. I really can't think of a single store (right off the top of my head) that would take back or exchange an item with no receipt and no proof or eve idea if it was bought from that store (meaning: the company ie: walmart, sears, ..etc)..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• What is the brand? Do you have a pic of it? How much storage space is it? What isn't working on it?
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It seems that it is from ToysRus, and they don't take returns without the receipt. I would suggest taking out the batteries, and retrying it. One of ours did that, but once I put them back on it worked.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Also, it gets only 2 stars out of 5. It might be better to scrap it and get something refurbished from buy.com. We love the Sansa brand. It is very user friendly.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Who did he get it from? Ask them where it was purchased so you can take it back.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• DS threw away the packaging. Only have the instructions. Tried to google. I can only find it at Amazon and Ebay.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It says Rip Tune has 2 GB Downloaded songs off of CD's and was showing them on it but wouldn't play them, now it shows nothing downloaded. The package said it was a $30 item.
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011