what date would you go by?

okay so im really confused according to my lmp i would be 30 weeks as of monday, according to my u/s i would be 26 weeks as of monday, when i had my u/s on december 2nd i would have been 25 weeks and 6 days(according to my lmp), the u/s tech says that i was just 21 weeks and when i was measured 3 days later i was measuring 24 weeks! So my due date first was march 11, the u/s changed it to april 15th! Im very sure that my period was june 4th cause it was my sons birthday party! Anybody have this happen and what date should i actually go by?

courtneycra

Asked by courtneycra at 3:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would go by the U/S chances are you didnt get pregnant ON your period.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I always go by my last period. Ultrasounds are just a guess
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Ultra sounds are VERY inaccurate that late in pregnancy. I would go by LMP or if you know when you ovulate then go by that.

Due dates are just guesses anyways so as long as they aren't pushing an induction on you at any point then I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just let baby come when baby is ready.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Go by the latest possible date, to avoid early interventions that create premies who are not ready to be born out of nothing more than impatience and an unwillingness to trust the process (or be skeptical about calendars and measurements).

There are a lot of tragic side effects in unnecessary interventions, starting with artificially bloating a baby so everyone can panic about how much weight was lost (iv fluids prior to birth for more than an hour or so) all the way to unnecessary c-secs which are dramatically increasing the mother and baby death rate in the US.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We all know that babies come when they want to come, but if I were you I'd go by the latest date. That way if you go early it will be a nice little surprise!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• oh im definatly not going to be induced, i was induced with my other 2, will not do that again, i will go naturally this time. Wait on my water to break/or have real labor contractions! Im not a supporter of induction!!!!! People just look at me crazy when i tell them that my due date is between march 11th and april 15! Trying to get a baby shower ready and make sure my now school aged daughters school knows when and if she will miss school!
    courtneycra

Comment by courtneycra (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Every baby grows differently, thats why the due date changes. They did that to me too.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'd pick the later of the 2.
    Did you have an ultrasound in the first trimester to estimate EDD? That is the ONLY time when Ultrasounds can be used to most accurately guess Date of conception. Based upon THAT Ultrasound, I'd use the EDD that was given at that time.
    I would not go by your LMP because your date of conception could have been way off.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011