Quiverfull mamas!!

Just curious, how did God lead you to let Him plan your family? How do people react to your family? Do you have any good comebacks rude questions or comments?

And just for fun, how many little blessings do you have? Ages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://nolongerquivering.com/2010/08/06/above-rubies-magazine-when-bad-things-happen-to-quiverfull-moms/

Is this what a quiverfull mom is?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i used bc and have have 2 kids. it took us 4 years to conceive our first and just one time trying for our second child.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Not a fan of quiverfull because it seems to pre-determine the lives of the girls born into these types of families. I am sure its wonderful for the Mothers and Fathers, but family life is about your children and their future as it is for you. I guess time will tell if this movement is positive or not for the kids- I wish them all luck and a wonderful life.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Soyousay - exactly how does it 'pre-determine' the lives of the girls, or the boys for that matter? Quiverfull is simply letting God plan the size of your family, trusting in Him whether that means having one or 21. How is this at all related to the lives of the girls? For the record, I know many families who trust God with every aspect of their lives, including children. The children, so far, have all grown up to be caring, productive, faithful, hardworking adults, boys and girls alike. Some of the women have become wives and mothers, others have careers. What they all have in common is a very strong family bond.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• From my experience with true quiverfull families (not just families that claim to be quiverfull because they have as many children as God allows) they do not educate their girls in the same manner as their boys. In my experience with a HomeSchool task force which monitors HS families, we had a number of issues with girls not being properly educated. We even had some go to court because the girls received a substandard education and were in no position to do anything other than become a wife and mother. They are too young to make decisions for themselves and they depend on their parents to educate them so they can make choices for themselves when they come of age. This is my real life experience, in the trenches of education, not some dressed up account that blushes over some of the not so great things about quiverfull and the effects it has on young girls. Education is my hot point and I will CONT
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I will defend every childs right to be educated. I am a supporter of public school, private school and home school- I am a supporter of education PERIOD and every child deserves an education- EVERY CHILD! A parents desire to raise their child in a manner of their choosing should not and does not trump a child's need for education. I am not sure what types of family you are referring to-but my experience has been that the traditional quiverfull family treats their girls and boys very differently when it comes to education. That is my only beef with quiverfull- my position is do as you see fit-but do not infringe on your child's future by limiting them too early.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• In the area of education I agree with you completely. In my personal experience this has never happened - that girls were treated differently in regards to education. I am sure that it has happened since there are bad apples in every barrel and QF families are no exception. Look at it this way though - in homeschooling, or any type of schooling really but I have more experience with the homeschool community, there is always 'that' family. You know the one, the family that makes every other homeschooling family look badly. There was one in my church and everyone assumed all the other homeschool families, including mine, barely educated their children. It was an unfair assumption since my parents worked very hard at educating my siblings and me. The same goes for QF families.
    My children will be well educated. They will be strongly encouraged to attend either college or a trade school, boys and girls alike.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• They will be strongly encouraged to attend either college or a trade school, boys and girls alike.

Then honestly- to traditional QF families you are just someone that wants lots of kids- the families I worked with (or tried to) were very specific on how girls are to be educated and brought up-it is so part of their belief that their attorney used it in court when charges of educational interference were brought up- just like any movement there are traditionalists and non-traditionalist- I learned more about the traditional QF doctrine than I would have liked to in that experience. But, your point is taken- there are varying degrees of any group or system- I consider myself Christian but because I am pro-choice and support gay marriage-there are many that would say I am not a traditional Christian. My comments and feelings are of the traditional QF family and their beliefs in educating girls.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have 7 children and I would of had more if my doctor hadn't told me that my chances of bleeding out were higher
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011