Kinda scared.

Im a young mom...21. This is my first baby. The father is not in the picture and never will be again. So for the last eight months of people pregnant I have been alone. And suddenly a guy comes into my life...and Im scared to become close to him. He wants to be a part of my daughter life. And is willing to take the resposiblity. He is a very responsible guy...very loving and caring. Im just scared to let him get close to my daughter and then have him change his mind and leave us. Has anyone else had to deal with something like this!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah but it was the other way around my husband was scared to let me in because he didnt want his daughter to get attached, needless to say we did anyway, and after a long time of prooving that i was in it for the haul he started to believe it him self, its best just to sit him down and tell him the truth be straight up - thats what helped us...and liquid curage but i wouldnt suggest that for you now ;p
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 11:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm not with my sons "real" father. I got pregnant at 19. He's still in the pic but in and out of jail and on parole in another state. I met a man when my son was one (2 now) he now calls him daddy and we are having one of our own. It just felt right with him there wasn't any doubt for once soi just went with it. It's relaly all about
    your gut.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes My 2yr old son isnt my SOs we have a 10m old daughter and another on the way. He was around the whole time i was pregnant but we were just friends then when my son was 3m old we got together and he has taken responsiblily for my son His dad isnt in the pic either ad my son only knows him to be his father.
    Do you trust this guy?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I whole heartedly trust him. I just dont want to jump into something and get hurt. Plus I know your child sinces alot when you are emotionally upset or hurting. So I dont want to put my daughter threw it.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• anyone can be a father. it takes a special man to be a daddy.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Then do what i did and just be friends with him first when your daughter is born let him see how it will be and if he still wants to be there then let him. I dont blame you for being scared.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Take it slow, it's not really the time to take on ANOTHER big commitment. If he really loves you, he'll want to be there no matter what. Get settled into life with your new baby first, then take a look at what life could be with him. Being scared and vulnerable (what pregnant woman isn't?) is not the ideal time to start trusting someone new, whenever it can be avoided, especially when a completely innocent little person is involved. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008