How old were your kids when they got a DS or DSi?

JenE1098

Asked by JenE1098 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Our younger daughter was 9 and was forever loosing games, she's 11 now and is more responsible for the games, plus she had to start using her allowance to buy them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son was 5 when he got one but it lived in pour room and he had to ask to use it. Just so we could limit the amount of time it was used and how well he was caring for it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 4 years
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My oldest was 8 (in 2008) and my middle 2 were 9 and 8 (this past year--they got DSi XLs). They were from my dad. I wouldn't be surprised if he sends one for my youngest dd who is turning 5 in April so they will all have one. Right now she has to borrow one of her older siblings (until October they were all sharing the first one). I saw no reason to buy one for my oldest when she was 8 either. She wasn't responsible for it, left games all over and constantly had it taken away because she would sneak it into her room and would stay up until 12am playing on a school night. She's 10 now and nothing has changed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my son was 6 and my daughter got hers at 3 but only because she already knew how to play the games from borrowing her brothers. Theirs are mostly for long car rides since we were traveling often up until we moved this past summer.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 6
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• They each got one for their birthdays this year (their birthdays are a week apart). They were 5 and 8.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son started playing with mine when he was 3. I told him if he takes care of it until he is 6 he can get a new one.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My girls each got one for their 8th birthday. I would have gotten one sooner if they had asked for it I guess though.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My 7 year old daughter got one for christmas.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011