acid reflux

zoey is 3months and she had acid reflux really bad is there any thing I can do for her next time?

1Lilly

Asked by 1Lilly at 11:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• next time?
    My son had it at 2m and the pedi tole me to put cereal in his baba. It was 1teaspoon for every 2oz. It sticks to their stomach. and she told me to do it every other baba. Then when i fed him i had to feed him 1oz and let him sit up it his bouncer or on my shoulder for 30min then give him more and do that again and again. they gave me zantac and by 5m it was gone. just be patient with her. The worst part was at night cause i wanted to sleep but he needed me so i didnt get much sleep during that time period.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• im surprised its still there, usually they have outgrown it by now.. but i started my son on soy formula, and i eliminated all dairy from my diet when i nurse him..he used to sleep in his car seat, for the elevation.. and that helped alot.. also, you can feed your baby, but then keep her at an incline for about 20 min so that everything gets down to the stomach and not stay in the throat or esophagus. Good luck, also, ask your Ped about it... might be able to suggest some other things
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• change the babies formula- don't give your baby Zantac- my god, look at the side effects? Future probs big time. I am a nurse who has studied peds/infants...try everything before meds-changing the formula should do the trick, if it is true acid reflux cereal in the bottle will not help.
    nomistakes

Answer by nomistakes at 1:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2008