Billy the kid was up for pardon, thoughts?

They said he was promised a pardon while being locked up but then he broke out and killed two more cops. I think it's a bunch of BS about being pardon. He killed 3 cops 2 of which when he escaped while waiting to be pardon. I'm glad it was denied. Now maybe New Mexico can focus on more important things instead of living in the past.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/22/national/main7176858.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/US/governor-bill-richardson-pardon-billy-kid/story?id=12513542

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• When I read about this.. My only thought was this..

Really............. really Richardson....... there are not any issues in your state that need your attention more than this.. Not that nearly $500 million budget shortfall your state has (just an example).............. really.......... There was nothing more pressing that needed to be addressed in your state than this.

It's like the legislature here in Oregon wanting to debate the use of plastic bags in stores.. really. This state doesn't have bigger fish to fry..... It amazes how much time Government/Legislatures waste in this country (on our dime BTW) on pointless crap...........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yes that is certainly a high priority function of government. Pardon a killer 130 years after he is dead.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it's stupid to waste time on something like this, especially with all the problems that are going on right now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I love history and poking around with it as much as any other nerd, but really? If this were my state, I would be pissed that the leader of the state was fooling around with this in light of the real concerns that need to be addressed.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 5:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• What Pixie said!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Do they think Billy is going to come back and say THANKS? He's DEAD. Even if Brushy Bill WAS Billy the Kid, he's dead too!

As for everyone he was attributed to killing ... don't believe everything you read. Most of those facts were skewered if not not out and out lies for the super popular dime novels written then.

Now, this is 2011 and we just ended a year of educational cuts across the boards in just about all states and the governor of NM is worried about a DEAD Outlaw/Robin Hood figure of the late 1800s??? Seriously??? 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011