Does anyone have a low sex drive?

I'm 23. I hardly ever get the urge. I feel so bad about this because every one I know talks about sex all the time and I just can't join in b/c i obviously don't enjoy it like they do. I don't know if it's me or me and my boyfriends relationship or what. Please tell me there are others?

snoober_k

Asked by snoober_k at 11:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I've struggled with a low sex drive since I was about 20. It's horrible. People take their sexuality for granted. The really bad part is that womens sexuality is still mainly not understood by the medical community. I wish I had something helpful to offer you, but as I'm 28 now and still having the same problem, I'm not much help.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't have one either. I'm 28 and attracted to my husband. I just don't like having sex. I have to pretend to make him happy.

You're not alone.
    Anonymous

• i do but lately i have come to realize that my husband is happier if we have sex. so i was giving him it in spite of the lack of sex drive. it somehow seems to be coming back. well it also sounds like you need to get grown up friends and probably a grown up man not a boy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I feel the same way you do. So your not alone.
    rosie823

Answer by rosie823 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i used to joke that my sex organs would wear out before my car's tires did...then, my sex drive hit rock bottom about 35..didn't want it, didn't have time for it, didn't even care to 'handle' things myself. i just turned 40, and hopefully, for my hub's sake, it is on the rebound. i actually feel guilty because i don't get turned on, by anything anymore. . .i've never bought lube in my life, until my mid-30s!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I sympathasize completely. I'm not sure what happened, but it just disappeared. I'm hoping I can get it back soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Im 24 and I always lose my sex drive big time after having right after having kids. What helps me is, try having just five minutes of sex a few times a week, just enough to try to get the blood flowing down there and maybe even make you want more... but dont finish all the time.. it keeps you wanting more. Also this may sound stupid but when I feel it slipping again I start writing short erotic stories in extreme detail, try to think about stuff that turns you on, and think about them alot. It takes alot of work and you really have to want it to come back, but its worth it. Also meds can kill the drive, for my antidepressents did, for my friend her birth control did.. also I hate to say it if you have emotional baggage with your man it can be a real mood killer too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I also had problems with my sex drive when I was taking birth control. I would suggest looking into that first. If that doesn't work, analyze any other problems in your life as they can carry over into the bedroom as well. Being overly tired, a fight with a family member, these are the types of things that could weigh on your mind and prevent you from getting in the mood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• All if the above,plus, he also needs to make you feel it, not slam bam , thank you ma'am. No one wants that, not really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I dread having sex! I have issues though, lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2008