should he still take a nap

My son will be 2 next month. He goes to bed around 730 -8 and sleeps till 9. He has always been a good sleeper and usually takes 2 hour naps during the day. Lately he hasnt been taken that long of a nap maybe and hour and a half at the longest. He wakes up so moody and whiney. If he does not take a nap he acts like himself all day maybe a little whiney before bed but not much. should i stop putting him down for a nap?

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 4:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter took naps till she was 3. If he is every hard to get down for naps maybe for a week trial cut out naps and see how he does. My daughter was a pain to get to go down for a nap and when she took naps it took forever to get her down at night. Since She no longer takes naps she goes to bed a hell of a lot easier.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My 2 1/2 YO still takes a 2-3 hour nap daily. She may not sleep the whole time, but she has that rest period and I get the much needed break. She is now going to bed a little later but not much. You have to go with the flow as their bodies change. BTW she sleeps 7 or 8 until about 8-9 a.m. and nap is from 1-4.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have a 21/2 yr old as well and am pretty much on the same schedule with him as coala...
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011