Champions of the poor?

In 2009, the Obamas gave 5.9 percent of their income to charity, about the same as they gave in 2006 and 2007. In the eight years before he became president, Obama gave an average of 3.5 percent of his income to charity, upping that to 6.5 percent in 2008. Just in time for election.

In the decade before Joe Biden became vice president, the Bidens gave a total, all 10 years combined, of $3,690 to charity, or 0.2 percent of their income. They gave in a decade what most Americans in their tax bracket give in an average year.

John Kerry--$2,039 but the year before was a staggering $175.

Al Gore--$353

In the year he ran for president Ted Kennedy gave a mere 1% of his income to charity.

In comparison

In 2006 and 2007, John McCain, who files separately from his rich wife, gave 27.3 percent and 28.6 percent of his income to charity.

In 2005, Vice President Cheney gave 77 percent of his income to charity.

In a single year, Rush Limbaugh "gave $109,716 to 'various individuals in need of assistance mainly due to family illnesses,' $52,898 to 'children's case management organizations,' including 'various programs to benefit families in need,' $35,100 for 'Alzheimer's community care -- day care for families in need,' and $40,951 for air conditioning units and heaters delivered to troops in Iraq.

Champions of the poor only when it is YOUR money they are giving with.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care how much who gave what amount of money. At lease they gave money to the charities unlike a lot of rich people both Rep and Dem don't give a single cent to charities and keep everything to themselves. It's always great seeing rick give away their money. Every little bit helps.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• *rich
    mommy_of_two388

• Pretty sad, huh?!

I predict this thread will remain liberal free! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Of course they can give it away now, they aren't doing a darn thing to EARN the money coming in, now are they?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Google Ron Burkle- We know this man personally...A dem who donates a great deal to HIS pet projects (many ITDA).....you can always find examples of extremes from both parties, if you look hard enough.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I predict this thread will remain liberal free! :o)

Me too.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The libs will find a way to excuse their ungenerous behavior.lol I see Sisteract is on here bragging again as usual.lol
    Anonymous

• This isn't a party issue. It's a greed issue. The rich will always find a way to hang on to what they have gotten off the hard work of others. This is a really short list of "generous" Republicans. What Rush donated is a drop in the bucket considering his wealth.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad I don't have wealth. The most I donated this year was all of my father's clothes and books and that was to the VA. I'm thinking of donating his truck to some veteran's organization that I see whenever I go down to Indiana.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I meant last year. This year is too new.
    Izsarejman