My sister found out today that she is pregnant with her first baby. There is a chance I am pregnant with my second baby due around the same time as her. Will I be stealing her thunder?

rojareb84

Asked by rojareb84 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Probably not since this is her first, your second. Not that this baby is any less important but you've been there, done that already. Know what I mean?
    Anonymous

• No way! I would have loved to go throught a pregnancy with my sister!!! Its her first and it'll always be special.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Honestly yes. But if your sister loves you then she will understand that you didnt do it intentionally.My sisters were pregnant at the same time one was 14 one was 18 they had their kids 6wks to the day apart.
    Anonymous

• I am sure she will take it that way, sad to say... most sisters no matter how close still have the tinge of competition. I hope she is one of the few who think it's neat that you guys are pregnant together, besides your kids will be playmates :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Nope, not unless you got pregnant on purpose because she is. My sister is doing that. She already has 1 and never wanted anymore (she didn't even want the first one). Now that I'm pregnant she's decided she wants another one. Now it's all eyes on her because she's decided to have another baby. It pisses me off.... and it hurts my feelings.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Just don't 'try' to steal her thunder :) Let her be in the spotlight this time, congrats to both of you!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• NO EVERY BABY IS A BLESSING. SHE MIGHT GET MORE ATTENTION THAN U AS FAR AS BABY SHOWERS AND THINGS LIKE THAT BUT THINK OF ALL THE TWO OF U GET TO SHARE TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ya, you're taking it all away! But don't feel bad. I have 3 sisters and we were all preggo with our first at the same time! we had our kids within the same year, in the order of our own births. as hard as it was to share the spotlight, our oldest kids are all 4 now, and family get-togethers are so much fun! it's nice how they will all grow up with their cousins, so close! try to think of it as giving her her first baby gift-- a life long b/f and partner in crime!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• She might feel that way, but if you make sure you tell her as soon as possible she might cut you some slack. My sister-in-law had her third six weeks after we had our first. It might have been more fun to be pregnant at the same time, had she approached us differently. She was one of few people who knew we were trying in the first place and the first person I told (I needed to hear from someone else that I, indeed, had two pink lines, and I wanted to do something special to tell my husband). We didn't find out that SHE was pregnant until she was three months along, and read it on myspace. : \
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I found out 3 days after my little sister told me she was pregnant that I was too with my 2nd. We were really excited that we could go through everything together and do the shopping bit. Sadly she lost hers a few weeks later but has still been very supportive of mine and my concerns. I love that girl..she's awesome!
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 1:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008