• In the Spotlight:

I'm so tired of people saying we should respect older people...

just because they are old. If you can't respect me I'm not going to respect you, I don't care how old you are. What do you think?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 5:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree...and I'm old

Answer by admckenzie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I agree!

Answer by older at 5:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Respect is a two way street. I agree.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I choose to respect everyone even jerks. I don't feel the need to stoop to other people levels.
    Anonymous

• I think all human beings should be treated with a certain level of respect and kindness regardless of their treatment of you. This doesn't mean we allow cruelty to ourselves, or nastiness, it means we treat others how we would like to be treated.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Me personally. I do not...well maybe can not is more like it.. lol. agree with that. It's that whole filial piety thing that has been ingrained into my mind since birth.. lol

My elders deserve my respect.. the only way they do not have my respect is if they have done something to lose that respect or prove/show me that they are not worthy of it.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i agree. its two ways. if you do not show me respect i will not show you respect. that goes for any age. just people in general need to respect each other more.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't agree
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• respect should be mutual I think that there is always a kind way to say anything that needs to be said!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it goes both ways. A lot of young people do disrespect older people but I also see a lot of older people disrespecting younger people.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011