Dating a married man

My sister is currently dating a seperated father of 2 with one on the way. I dont need advice so much on what to say to her because we have already talked about the poss issues and drama/hurt this can/will cause. My ? is if you were ever in this situation how did you get through it? Good or bad. And what obsticals(sp?) did you face? TIA

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell her to hold off til the baby is born or the divore is final. If they where seperated and working towards divorce than yah I can see going ahead with it if she really loves him, but it would not be the best situation. We all know how babies can changes things though. They do not normally keep relationships together, but it does give them a reason to try and fix it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Somebody should slap Beauty's momma for not raising her right - what kind of idiot thinks its okay to date a married man?!?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The Beast needs to be sent to her own private island and away from the rest of the normal people
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Is he in the middle of a divorce? I'd tell her to find the facts out and know what she is getting herself into. I had just left my ex husband when I met my now fiance and he took a chance on me and was with me through my divorce. We didn't plan on being together but we fell in love the night that we met and knew we had to be together. That being said, not all people actually follow through with the divorce and that is when hearts get broken. Tell your sister to make sure he is leaving his wife and ask to see the divorce papaers.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• omg all i can say is yuck!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Wow some people are such dumb asses!! That is in reference to beauty....

Anyways, I have never been in the situation, but good luck!!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I haven't been in this situation but I worked with a woman who was and it was a disaster. He was not looking for closeness that his wife couldn't give him. He wanted a break from being the husband and father and told my co-worker what she wanted to hear. That is very likely what this guy is doing with your sister. It's not a good idea to get involved with a man who is seperated or going through a divorce. From what I've seen and heard, it's just too hard to believe they are walking out of one relationship, sometimes with children, and immediately falling in love with someone else. It might happen and actually be a true relationship but the odds are against it. The guy either goes back to his wife or the woman he took up with was just a rebound and he moves on to a woman who wouldn't get involved with a man who was not completely free. This one happened to my co-worker.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The man is probably in some sort of mid life thing, or early like crisis who knows. I know a man, my friends brother, is a marine, his wife got super depressed her 3rd pregnancy, like way before anyone even knew she was pregnant and she started chatting it up on dating sites. Well he found out and then he went and got some girl, brought her around his family, whatever, but the thing is, he was still in love with his wife. They just weren't getting along. Finally they went to a counselor to talk about divorce and that began the marriage counseling and better relationship. So my msg is I guess she is going to do what she wants and she can get her Karma, he's probably going to dump her when the wife comes to her senses, don't involve yourself, don't accept him if you believe in the sanctity of marriage just don't discuss it. Save yourself the drama. SHow your sister some tough love, she is in some need I think.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have never been in that situation.

So, this is the best advice I can give in regards to it.

I would: be there for my sister. I would not tell her (if I already had once would suffice) what all I found wrong with the relationship or what all could be wrong or go wrong with the relationship. I would be her shoulder to lean on and her ear to listen when she needed, because she will most likely need it on a number of occasions. I would be there for her when she starts realizing for herself the issues/problems and possible issues/problems with this relationship. I would not talk chit about the man, because she most likely wouldn't listen anyway, however I would be there for her when she did realize herself what chit could be going on.

She is going to date who she chooses for her own reasons. A woman in love can be very unreasonable and illogical at times. I would be there for her when logic & reason returned to her .
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Stay out of her business. I'm dating a married man. Nothing wrong with it. If the bitch wife was any good she would have been able to keep a hold of her man

WOW This is my fu**kin sister and I love her. Yes she is an adult and Im not judging her nor am I telling her what to do. Im asking for her safety ....what will she have to deal with being the "other woman"? So if you know everything being the other woman what is your advice?!!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011