a question for the working moms!!!!

if you have kids in school what do you do the days they don't have school? when is winter break, and summer vacation?
also, how do you do with getting the kids ready to school if you start work early or if you finish late, who pick them up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• They days they don't have school, I pay for them to go to their before school program all day. On early release days, my husband gets out early to pick them up. On winter break, it was laid back enough that my husband was able to take them to work. My DOL contract expires before summer so I won't have that problem. My kids get up around 5:45 and we are out the door by 6:15. They are in Kid's Stop which is an after school program the boys and girls club offers.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Only when they have been really sick have I had to take the time off. They are off March 14-18 and July and August. they go to daycare before and after school, during the winter break and the summer one too and any other school closures. It isn't easy but it is doable.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have 2 kids, only one is school age, he goes to pre-k. When he doesn't go to school, he stays at the sitter all day w/his sister (instead of just the morning) I get the kids up and dressed in the morning and my husband takes them to the sitter about 6:30 am. I pick up my son at 12:00 so he can go to school and then I pick everyone up when i am done working. So far this is working, next year when he goes to school all day will be a little different, but we will work it out.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I work full time from home--so I am able to be flexible and work around my kids school schedules.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• There are several vacation days programs.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011