Where in Cuba have you gone to?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 5:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Travel

• Allowed by Cuba, louise.
    The U.S. itself restricts its citizens from travelling there, except with a license issued by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control. The specific restriction is against spending money in Cuba, however U.S. authorities consider any visit of more than one day to be prima facie proof that one has spent money there.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Americans can, just by going through another country. It's a beautiful place to visit, I hear! We thought about going while we were in the Caribbean, but we haven't yet. I had planned to go while my brother was stationed at GTMO, but it never happened. We could have visited him on the base there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i think if you travel through canada you can go. my family is from cuba and I ,myself have never traveled neither has anyone that was born here in my family. however, my aunt who was born there has visited and i have had an uncle that has come back and forth. i think cuban americans that were born there can travel and those that were not i think can travel through canada. as a cuban american myself i hope one day i will be able to travel there freely.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Are we really not allowed there? I honestly didn't know that. That's very interesting. Why aren't we allowed there?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I thought confusedAmericans are not allowed to travel to Cuba?

Answer by louise2 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• no where haha just want the credit today!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Who stupid enough to go there? Any American that steps foot on their soil has a high chance of being killed
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 5:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011