WIC and bfing

With WIC if you're breastfeeding what do they do? What would you get on it sence you dont need the formula? Would they provide a breast pump? Or will I just continue to get the mild eggs ect.???? What did they do for you bfing moms?????

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes they provide a pump and you still get the milk and other stuff plus a litte more
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you are breast feeding you will still continue to recieve the milk, eggs, cheese, cereal and ect for up to a year vs if you are formula feeding you only get the milk, eggs, cheese, cereal and ect for six month.
    kimikylemama

Answer by kimikylemama at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You get milk, cheese, eggs, PB, beans, juice, carrots and tuna (only for BF moms!! yay!), cereal...plus they phase some of that stuff out as you start requesting cans of formula, and they will totally tell you to NOT get the formula LOL! Gotta love WIC! I've called them in tears before, because babies were chewing my nipples (sorry TMI) with their teeth, and they have just been there for me! So, to really answer your question, they give you 4 cans tuna and like 2 lbs carrots a month for BF :) Plus all the other stuff you got while pregnant, and BF help, 24/7.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Mine did not provide a pump. They did nothing. I just got a little bit more of the food I was getting. Wait, they gave me a very crappy plastic bib. I ended up getting formula later, just so I could donate it to moms that needed it.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008