burn on finger

What can I do for a blister on my 2yr olds thumb?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Get some burn ointment and cover to prevent infection. Don't pop it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Awww I'm sorry that happened... yes burn ointment and keep an eye on it - a cool wet washcloth might help as well. When DD was about 15 mo old she was crawling still and I took something out of the oven and in a matter of seconds she came all the way in from the other room and burned her hand on the oven door. It was AWFUL. It was her whole right palm & some on her fingers. We had to go to the burn unit at the hospital & they ended up giving us Silver Sulf... oh gosh I can't remember the name... but it was a cream we'd slather on her hand and put gauze on top of it, and then gently tape it so air would get to it. Luckily she didn't scar or have any nerve damage. :(
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I burned myself and was given a prescription for Silvadene cream. My youngest son burned himself and got a blister and I used that, but a good OTC burn ointment, maybe something cool on it, and a dressing will help. Hope she feels better!
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 8:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011