How old?

How old do you wait until traveling out of state with a baby?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was 1 month old but thats just because the military transferred us to our new base
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My Ds was 3 months old when we took a 6 hour trip to visit my grandmother. It wasn't easy but it was fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't really know... when DD was 3 months we moved about 2 hours away... certainly not a huge trip but for her that was a long drive. I think you'd have to take the means of travel into the equasion... if flying you'd have to bring lots of binkies/bottles in case the air pressure hurts their little ears. With my girl she ended up HATING car rides, too... I had to plan the trip around naps or make several stops in that 2 hour trip when visiting family or she'd melt down the whole way. :(
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My kids were 2 months old when we went 100 miles to visit my family for thanksgiving.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Whenever. My oldest was 3 weeks when we moved from Missouri to Chicago. My older son went from Chicago to Missouri to visit family at 1 month. My middle daughter was 1 week old. We drove from Chicago to MO again to pick up the older 2 who were staying with family while I had her. My youngest dd was 3 months when we drove from Pittsburgh to Chicago. And my youngest son was 3 weeks old when we moved from Chicago to Portland, OR (with a weekend stopover in MO).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We go across the state two to three times a week. Since we live right by it. But for long travel we wait 4 months with our kids.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Mine were about 1-2 wks old the 1st time they went out of state.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son was about 3 months old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My 3rd was 3 weeks old when we went on vacation out of state. I don't think there is a "limit"

Answer by missanc at 7:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2011