What should I do if my son won't do tummy time?

My Son is 10 wks old but when i put him down for tummy time he just starts fussing then crying... He just won't have it... and Ive tried different areas and surfaces and he still gets really mad. On his back he's fine and loves playing with his toys... any Ideas??

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every little bit helps! My little guy is the same age as your's and gets most of his tummy time lying on my husband and I. The other things I do is prop his upper body up on the Boppy or lay next to him on the floor. We usually don't get a ton of time in with these positions, but it's something. He does a lot of funny squeaking while he's working out on his belly, it's pretty cute! :)

KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Try laying him on you while you lay on the floor. Like you lay on your back and put him on your chest or stomach. Or put him in front of a mirror, or lay down in front of him..... They like to know they are not alone......But most kids dont really take to it at first.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I tried a few times and my daughter still hated it. Now I can barely keep her off her tummy. they'll do it when they learn:)
    MyLittleBlossom

Answer by MyLittleBlossom at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• when they are ready they will do it...:}
    nomistakes

Answer by nomistakes at 1:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Mine hardly did tummy time. He hated it. If he got three hours of tummy time in his infancy that was a lot. (I mean total for all of year one.)

I eventually stopped worrying about it because our ped wasn't concerned. He never crawled...went straight to walking.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Keep trying a couple times a week... my baby did tummy time at liked when he was young then 8-12 weeks he HATED it! Would scream and scream... but now at 16 weeks he likes it again
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008