TODDLER BEDS???

hey ladies.. it wasnt till a few minutes ago via facebook did i start to wonder when its time for a toddler bed... anyone have any suggestions.. my son is 18 months old

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine went to toddler beds when they were between 18 mo and 2 years-- when they were learning how to climb out of the crib.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• is he walking? if so, then he's ready! my son has the thomas the train toddler bed, the one with the toybox attached to the front. dd just has a regular dora toddler bed. when she's 3 we may upgrade it for her bday, not sure yet.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• hes been walkin sence he was 11 mo
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I didn't put DD in her own bed until she turned 2. It was the "big deal" to be a "BIG girl" then... she slept with me before that, and the transition was smooth. :) She LOVES her bed now.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I did it when my girls turned 2 and were potty training. I didn't want any bright ideas of climbing out on their own.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I put my son in a toddler bed when he was 2 (his crib converted to toddler bed) but soon realized it was a mistake because I had problems keeping him in bed...so when my daughter was born I decided that she would stay in the crib until either she started climbing out or out grew it...lol luckily she never climbed out and we switched her over to a regular bed once we were ready for potty training a little after she turned 3 we didnt have near as many issues with her getting out of bed either.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• thank you guys. i have a crib that converts to a toddler bed but i now decided that when he tries to jump out will be the time.. it could be another year or it could be tomorrow there is no telling with this lil monkey
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011