What can you do with hummus besides dip stuff in it?

anything? I have 3 containers in my freezer from it being clearanced and it turns out I am the only one who will dip stuff in it! lol. I swear they used to eat it when they were younger!! Can you like put it over pasta or bake chicken or something in it? (I dunno-grasping at straws here)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't really dip stuff in my hummus. I put it on stuff.. LOL A pita w/tomato, feta cheese, cucumber, onions (marinated ones.. yum) & olives.. On a Sandwich w/sprouts cucumber, tomato, cheese (muenster is good..) red onions, green leaf lettuce and tahini sauce.. These are the types of things I use hummus for. I have honestly never really used it is a dip.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We've put it on veggie burgers or hamburgers before.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'm with pixie_trix, I use it on sandwiches or add it to salads, and it's really good on falafel. My DS likes to dip his chicken nuggets in it or scoop it up with pita bread & a pinch of kibbee.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Make deviled eggs (mix the hummus with the yolk)
    Use it instead of mayo in sandwiches

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You could also try it with tuna or chicken salad sandwiches. It depends on how much they like it. You may want to make one sandwich and cut it in wedges and let them taste it first before you waste you time and food. Then have a back up with something else. Check on line about it. There may be some books on line to see or Chiefs out there with some great ideas. Enjoy!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 8:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011