Fever and rash

Why does my son get a rash everytime he gets a fever? He's 2.5 and it's only 101 right now.

*Other symptoms: wheezing despite breathing treatments every 4 hours, stuffy and runny and gunky nose with green and white mucus, barky cough (probably croup), cough fits so bad they cause vomiting, and little to no appetite. He also isn't as playful either, he's more tired than normal but I'm sure its from being sick.

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 6:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Aww poor thing! It could b a heat rash, or if ur giving meds he could b allergic to something in them! If ur worried I would ask the doc! Hope he gets better soon!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it could be a small case of hives. The most common cause of hives in children under 10 is a viral infection.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011