I am being induced January 3, 2011 @ 6am!!! What should i expect???

oktober2010

Asked by oktober2010 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The labor is a lot more painful! I was induced with my son since I wasn't going fast enough for the midwives and OMG I was crying with pain ( I didnt have any pain meds) Being induced is a lot more painful then it happening naturally.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• you'll go in, they'll hook you to an IV, you'll lay there forever, have contractions, if it's your first you'll stare at the paper monitoring your contractions, your SO will say "WHOA! that one was off the chart!", and take pictures of everything and it's brother, the nurses will check you every now and then, and when you hit 10cm the doc will come in, deliver, weigh, and leave. GL, hope everything goes well!!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It goes differently for everyone. Both of my inductions were loooong, but not that painful. Good luck!! :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Oh, I am so sorry to hear you have are having complications with your pregnancy. Take care momma!
    Do you have a Doula?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i was induced adn it wasn't that bad. it was really bad because i couldn;t sleep and i was soooo tired. but then i got the epidural and i was doing pretty good if i could of slept but i needed rest if i was going to push that baby out. they hook you up to the iv. and you can probably get the epidural any time but they will let you know when the doctor said its ok. then they will start the pitocin and my nurses were monitoring me from the desk too. so then i got got check every once in awhile and i also got my water broke early that morning. i got induced starting at midnight though. so they might break your water midday or soemthing. who knows. then it progressed pretty well after that. ithe epidural did wore off and then i was feeling enough and then i delivered. and then the plencenta did not want to deliver. good luck. its not as bad as it made out to be.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• More info can help to answer:

Do you know your current Bishop's Score?
    Will you check on this prior to induction?
    Will it affect your choice to induce?

Depending on this (how ready your body seems to be to accept the force), your induction may be quite smooth or fairly rocky~~

Have you already determined the route (Foley, AROM, Pitocin)?
    Do you know which is better for you & why?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I just want to add if you do not HAVE to have an induction for medical reasons....DON'T!

They are very risky and while some women will have perfect induction many more will end up with c-section, hemorraghes (like myself) and much worse.
    Anonymous

• The labor is a lot more painful! <----- so NOT TRUE for everyone. It will depend on your personal level of tolerance for pain. Keep in mind that inductions start labor (usually, though not always) so it will cause painful contractions. That's what it is supposed to do. But that's about it. They hook you up and if all goes well, you push when you hit full dialation. Of course there are risks, and you should talk to your doctor about them before you go ahead with it. You are in a controlled environment so they will be ready with whatever you might need should something go awry. If you go in with a positive attitude it helps alot. It all boils down to.....Do you trust your OB to make the best decision for both you and the baby?? S/He is responsible for both of your lives. You HAVE to feel comfortable with the decision to induce.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• One of the best this is that once that baby comes you forget how the pain was! ( for me it wasnt even that bad...yep epidural was my friend...I tried asking for 2 but,,,,well that did not happen) GL to you and when you get the chance let us know how it went and post a pic of that beautiful baby!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have had 3 kids- 2 inductions...it is what it is..just say to yourself,"this is one day of my lif- women go through this EVERY day"...no one can prepare you for it because no one will have your experience...just get through it:)
    Soccerdiva

Answer by Soccerdiva at 9:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011