What is the latest time you went to the store wit young kids (Under3)

I'm debating on going to the store around the kids bedtimes.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• You never know why a parent is shopping with their kid after midnight. My sister was returning home from dinner with our mom once. She got home at midnight with her DH and her kids who were 3, 5 and 7. She realised she had left her purse at my mom's house so they didn't have the keys to their house OR any money to pay to get their door open, or enough gus to drive back to my mom's who lives 1 1/2 away from them.
    They called my mom but she was already asleep and didn't answer. So all there was left to do was go to the supermarket and buy some bankets and snacks and spend the night in the car!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I had to babysit at someone's house. I took my dd along and the woman didn't get home til about 1am. I had to get something from the store that couldn't wait. I never got stared at more in my entire life before that night.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My DF is a manager of a grocery store so it's not abnormal for us to visit dada when my son is cranky late at night, 10 even 11. We might be cranky pants in PJ's and a teary face but it's a 5minute drive, not a big deal.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know, 10, 11...
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You're such a good mom for thinking about how your choices affect your kids. I can't tell you how many times I've seen little kids in Walmart after midnight. Once I saw three of them shopping with their parents at four in the morning... I had just stopped in after a late shift at work. I was astonished!!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 7:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• like 10...but that was like once and i HAD to go to the store. DH was deployed and i had the kids myself...i try to do everything before the kids bedtimes and around their nap time...or i'm dealing with crabby kids.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i took both of boys to the store under 3 doing the day right now i have a 21/2 son
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We usually go to the store after dinner. It takes us 30 minutes to get to the store, so we usually don't get there until at least 7. It takes about an hour and a half to do the shopping, then we have to wait in line for 10-20 minutes. Then we drive home. On grocery nights, we can be out as late as 930/10.

I can't wait until we move because I'm going to start doing the shopping on a different day. Things are just to weird right now to change things up.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011