I have an 11 year old step son who is extremly disrespectful to me

I have tried rewarding for good behavior and we have tried every punshiment that exists and then some. no punishment effects him at all. He just stays in is room and goes to sleep or reads a book. He could care less.

Asked by stepmom32 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to his father. If you tried all you can do see what he dad can do

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Does he have any special needs? If he was younger I would suggest pulling his pants down and spanking his bare butt. However somehow I don't think that would help any at 11. Especially as your his stepmom.

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• How does his father treat you? How does his father talk to you? Does his father allow this disrespect of you? Your stepson could be following his example or doing it because he knows his father won't do anything. Talk to his father and let him handle it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Is he with his father full time or EOW? Explain to him that you are not his parent, nor do you want to be but you are an adult and he will show you respect, just as he should any adult

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011