Health

My back hurts all the time, I work as a CNA at the hospital. Whats good to help the pain, I cant afford a chiropractor our copay went up to 30.00 and that would be 60.00 per week. I hate taking ibuprophen all the time

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• I suffer from back pain also. Exercise really is the best way believe it or not. Its all about getting your blood circulating and bringing new blood and oxygen into the muscles to promote the healing. also lots of h20. it flushes the toxins that build up on tight muscles that can cause the aching. I wish you could also get a good massage. it is like the best thing for pain. it does all the things i said above. I know its hard work. I commend you for doing it.
    gracioustouch

Answer by gracioustouch at 7:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It depends on the reason for the pain. You should be diagnosed, then work on treatment. Exercise to strengthen the muscles helped my back.

Answer by Bmat at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Do you wear a back support at work? If not, you should. Also constantly think about how you are bending and lifting. If you work with other CNA's find one to team up with. 2 people lifting is always better than one. I've been a nurse for many years. Nursing with 'total care' kills my back if I'm not careful.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

•   TRY NOT TAKING SO MUCH IBUPROFEN ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR STOMACH TRY A HOT SHOWER,HEATING PAD OR TRY SOME ALEVE

19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• A couple of visits with a chiropractor would go a long way; if your back gets so bad that you can't work, you will be worse off then you are now.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2011