How many of you became more religious after...

The birth of your child
A near death experience
ETC ETC

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I did after having my baby!
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have been a Christian since I was 13, but wasn't living my faith like I should have been until after I became a Mommy. Having that beautiful gift placed in my arms erased any doubt of whether or not we have a gracious Creator! The responsibility for forming the person she (now they) would become was an overwhelming idea, and one that we didn't want to face without God's guidance!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I never became more religious... I guess, I was more gracious and self aware after having a child. I do want my children to experience religion and make their own opinion. I, personally have always been comfortable with my relationship with God.
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 1:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Not me. After my youngest was born I realized I couldn't believe in that stuff any more. When I look at her I see the miracle of biology...science is truly amazing and I don't want to give the credit to anyone but me and my husband for creating our kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I did. When I found out that I was pregnant. I've been a straying lamb for far too long. I started the road back to being a good Christian then. I'm still struggling with it, but I believe that God will guide me.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i think it was when i became pregnant. it was a wake up call for me. i realized i needed a savior. then when i looked at him for the first time i realized there was a creator.

thewife1

Answer by thewife1 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have felt more of a call to be a part of a religious community, especially as my son gets older. But we haven't found one that we feel at all comfortable with.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Never have been religious, NEVER will be. Help comes to those that help themselves and don't just sit around asking imaginary people to assist them.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Religion is man-made and puts a separation between God and us (usually anyway). I DID become more spiritual after my NDE in my 20's and have had a more intimate relationship with God ever since.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I did become much more spiritual as a result of big changes. My mother died of cancer, and then a month later I became a mother myself. I think it is a natural and common response to birth and/or death. Today would have been my mom's 58th birthday, by the way. Happy birthday, mom!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008