DS Walked In On Us! What to Do? adult content

Thankfully, he didn't get a good look, because hubby jumped back quickly and covered me up. But he saw enough to ask me what daddy was doing to me, when I went out to see if he was ok. It was my fault, I forgot to lock the door and he came in because of a bad dream.

I told him that daddy and I were just wrestling, and when he asked why we were naked, I told him we had just gotten out of the shower and just starting playing, ending up wrestling. He took that explanation well, and seems to have let it go, but doesn't want me and daddy laying together now. Did I do the right thing?

He is 5 years old, Autistic, with other special needs. What should I say if he brings it up again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• change the subject

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Only you can answer this, because you know your son and what he is able to comprehend. If it were me, I would just tell them that you and your DH were doing something that grown ups do to express their love for each other.

He is probably nervous because he thought that your DH was hurting you, and he wanted to protect you. I would be more honest if you can. Wrestling naked is a weird explanation, because it isn't a "normal" activity for a child to see, and you aren't explaining WHY you were doing it.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i think you did the right thing. i would have done it the same way. i would have explained and probly kinda "showed" him. i mean like, i'd explain it and say "just like daddy wrestles with you like this!" and i'd start tickling him and do a little wrestling around. but i know that'd work for my son, he wouldn't question it again, probly he'd mention that mommy and daddy were wrestling one day, but wouldn't make a big deal about it. you know your son and how he takes things, best explain it to him the way you think is best. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We got busted doing the deed and that's exactly what I told my daughter, we were wrestling. She just accepted it and we haven't heard about it since. Maybe you can get so lucky.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

•   IF HE BRINGS IT UP AGAIN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LIKE SOMETHING HES INTERESTED IN I KNOW ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN  STUFF LIKE THAT TO AN AUTISTIC KID I HAVE 1 THAT IS 7 YO

19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• LOL Reminds me of the Dennis the Menace movie. He goes over to the Wilson's and is telling them that his mom and dad wrestle (naked? not sure if he says that or not) every Sunday morning at 10 or something LOL.
    Anonymous

• Don't make a big deal of it. Just treat it like he asks you why does the sun hang in the sky. If you over react then he will wonder what's up
    Anonymous

• I would not make a big deal about it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2011