What age should a child switch from baths to a shower?

DreaB83

Asked by DreaB83 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• mine did it around 5 or 6 school age
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When they are able to wash themselves in a shower, control the flow and temp of the water, no longer run the risk of slipping. My 9 year old takes both but my 5 year old still takes a bath unless I am giving her a shower.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

•       ALL MY KIDS WERE AROUND 3 EXCEPT FOR MY 7 YO HE STILL TAKES BUBBLE BATHS MOST OF THE TIME. I LET THEM TAKE WHICH EVER ONE THAT THET WANT I BUY BUBBLEBATH AND BODYWASH FOR THEM

19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Never. Jeeeeeeeesh I so really wish we would have a nice bathtub so I could have a nice bath. And I am 29!!!! So let the children have their fun. Mhaw:P

blowing bubbles

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My kids are 4 and almost 8 and hate to have water over their heads still so we have one of the shower heads with a hose to wash and rinse their hair...I'm sure one day they will find it more convenient to shower but I'm not sure when that will be...I still enjoy bubble baths...lol

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my dd hates showers. she gets so scared. so i think until that fear is out that is when i will switch her. but i don;t think they are ever too old for a bath.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When they want too.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my started showering at 5 but still likes a bath now and then. I think it is different for each kid
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It depends, sometimes we take them in the shower with us but my DD is 3 and is still a bit unsure of the shower, my son is 4 1/2 and is ok with them but he doesn't get one unless daddy or I are in there with him, most of the time they still take a bath. When they are able to adjust the water themselves and can wash themselves without supervision then they can take whichever one they want.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I haven't come across that bridge yet.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011