I've only had sex once...and someone told me something that freaked me out!

I'm 7 weeks pregnant, got pregnant the first time I had sex and after a 2 year relationship the guy left me the day after he took my virginity...

I was talking to my friend (who has no kids) and she asked me if the fact that I've only had sex once would make delivery more difficult...since I'm not "stretched out," and she said that it made sense to her because if it's painful for me to have a penis in there wouldn't it be excruciating to have a baby come out?

Now I'm all worried about it :l

Is she right? Would it be worse than normal?

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• oh lord.....sweetie..that's not right....it doesn't matter how many times you have sex...delievery will hurt. It's a good hurt though and you will forget it soon after the birth of the baby. Epidurals help dull the pain but it still hurts a little. don't let that scare you though because its only one smidgen of time during the whole 9 months of pregnancy and the entire life of your child. it's writh it. trust me.
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 9:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Having sex once or 5,000 times isn't going to make one bit of difference when that baby is coming out, it hurts no matter how many times you've had sex.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No, she is incorrect
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• And she knows that how? NO she's not right, number of times you've had sex doesn't make labor more easy or difficult from anything I've ever heard.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Not really , your body makes room for the delivery of the baby for 9 months.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• OMG! Stop listening to silly things around you. No-one can say how will your pregnancy or your delivery be. Because it is different to every woman and it is no way to be connected how much sex have you had in your life. Forget that looser who left you and forget your silly friend's sentence who probably not too much more experienced than you or at least not with pregnancy. Just relax and be happy that you are gonna be a mum. Love that little thing inside you and do not worry how will be the delivery until you are on the delivery desk. Pregnancy is a miracle. Enjoy it. I am so happy for you. Everything is gonna be ok. And you still can find a good guy with your beautiful baby when he or she will come into this world. Hugs and happy new year. And add me as a friend if you want to talk:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 7:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Your cervix is in charge of pushing the baby out, not your vagina. Its all about the cervix and the uterus during labor and delivery
    Anonymous

• That is UNtrue...The number of times you have had intercourse has nothing to do with how easy or difficult labor and delivery will be..My first child was my easiest. I am a mother of five...I have misscarried 3. Children are a precious gift from God and He has given our bodies the abilty to do the job.. He has also given us wonderful men and women to help support us in times of need. My prayers for you as you begin your journey..I pray that you will lean on HIM.
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• COMPLETELY UNTRUE!

How do you think Mary delivered? LOL She'd NEVER had sex. :)

Anyways the cervix opens and the vaginal canal shortens. It does not matter how many times you've had sex or not.
    Anonymous

• That is so untrue. Stop listening to her. Like someone else said, child birth hurts no matter how many times you have had sex. Decide the kind of pain management and birth you want with your doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011