Tips on house cleaning. . .

I just can't seem to keep up with it! It doesn't help that I have always hated to clean. It just seems like I spend way too much time trying to keep the place livable! Any tips?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got the same problem just dont try to do all your chores in one day, just wash a load or two a day, mop, dust, sweep, clean bathrooms, clean room, divide those up like mop sunday dust monday clean bathrooms tuesday, etc, and vaccum & sweep every other day fold laundry while watching tv thats basically what I do and who cares if the floors dirty Ill clean it tomorrow then 2 hours later there will be stuff back on the floor!!!! lol
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 11:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• if u have a hubby, or significant other let them help... but if u don't its always ok to ask for help... Right now all thats done in my house is my son;s laundry and the dishes... the rest is for when he's sleeping.... just do it when u can don't stress abt it.. as long as its not nasty discusting.... no worries do what u can when hes sleeping and a little at a time...
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hanging bins and floor bins are helpful at keeping clutter out of the way. I clean while I cook so dishes don't pile up and never just walk away from the table once we are done but clear it, wipe all the counters, do the dishes and shine the sink. I vaccuum once a day, do a load of laundry everyday, wipe the bathroom down while my son is playing with his tub toys. It actually takes a lot less time this way so I only have to spend a few hours once a week on the big stuff like steam cleaning rugs, sanitizing the bathroom, dusting, organizing the bins
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Clean as you go is a great rule. Put things away when you use them right away, instead of getting to it later. Teach kids to pick up after playing and reduce clutter piles with storage bins.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Tell me about it. Theres always something to do. I just try to keep the odors to a minimum...lol. the grossy things(dishes,trash, over flowin laundry) I do certain days. Moping I can never do. Sweeping i do when shes in bed. yeah, thats about it. lol
    MyLittleBlossom

Answer by MyLittleBlossom at 12:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My tip is this..... forget about it! Keep it as neat as you can. As long as you're not embarrassed to have someone over and nothing smells, you're all good. Keep the entry way and the kitchen (or wherever you "hang out") cleaned up. I haven't had a perfectly clean house in almost 12 years. I gave up trying!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008